Friday, January 7, 2011

My caring boys!

Sometimes Griffin surprises me and does something really sweet that makes me think that Ben and I just might be doing something right for the kids. 
Over the holidays, we talked to them both about how there are kids in the world that don't have any food, clothing, shelter, etc.  Ben and I participated in a "Feed my Starving Kids" event that packed meals for kids in third world countries.  We talked to the kids about that - that the kids in Africa need help and don't have food to eat every day like we do.  Griffin and Owen listened - listened like any 2 and 4 year old can.
Close to Christmas, Griffin and I bagged up used toys to take to a local women's shelter.  He helped pick out the toys for the "needy kids".
Fast forward to today.  We haven't been talking about giving to the needy, or the kids in third world countries that don't have food for a month or so now.  We've gone about our days, playing with all the new toys that they got for Christmas and their birthdays.  So imagine my surprise when Griffin packs his semi trailer full of small toys, and declares,  "I'm taking this semi load to the needy kids.  I'm going to Africa, Mom!"
Owen is following with a trash truck that is also full of toys.  He looks at me and whines, " I don't wanna go to Ah-trica."
Maybe in a couple of years Owen will get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment