Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day

On Holiday weekends, most people BBQ and have traditional summer food.  Watermelon, pasta salads, hamburgers, hot dogs, etc.  Well, around our house, we eat sushi.  This has become a weekly thing at Grandma Theresa's house.  She recently learned how to make it, and shares with me often.  She made a huge batch of it over the weekend and brought some to our house on Saturday.  I never thought I would like it, let alone, have a child of mine (and Ben's) like it.  So here is Grandma Theresa's version of sushi and Owen enjoying it!

Isn't it pretty!


Owen's Sue-Cee!




Ben did grill hamburgers that night.  He and Griffin kept saying that American Boys eat hamburgers and Japanese boys have sushi.  This would make Owen laugh like crazy and yell, "Sue Cee!"  Needless to say, Griffin and Ben didn't touch the sushi.

~~
We had fun the rest of the weekend hanging out with the boys.  We went to Grandpa Greg's for dinner on Monday night.  I wish I'd had the camera.  We all had a fun time. 
On Tuesday, Grandpa Roy watched the boys while Ben and I took care of a few things in Waterloo.  When we got back to their house, Griffin and Owen were both running around laughing and smiling.  I could tell they thought it was pretty cool to have Grandpa in charge. 
Here are a couple more pictures from the weekend.



We had to check out the playground  at our neighbor's lot.  It's all the way in the background by Griffin.  This showed up sometime on Friday and Griffin kept saying it was a hot tub that the farmer left when he cut hay.

Poor Blizzard was on the receiving end of this.


No comments:

Post a Comment